To actively create the enabling environment for the entrepreneurial drive for farmers, fisher-folk and other related target groups to strive to increase agri-food production, processing, marketing, thus increasing employment, rural income, food security and foreign exchange earnings, while ensuring the efficient utilisation and sustainability of the Nation’s natural resources.
To be innovative when we facilitate and stimulate the efficient utilisation of resources within the sector, and to adopt a holistic approach to agriculture and rural development.
- This programme provides for promotion of Government policies on agriculture by means of radio, print and video.
- Provide communication support to Units, Divisions and Departments of the Ministry, news releases, clientele training, field visits/tours.
- Assist with the transfer of farming technology to the farming community.
- Inform the public on important activities in the Ministry.
- To carry out the public relation functions of the Ministry.